Welcome Week Leader
Applications to be a WWL are now open. Click HERE to apply! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
What will you be doing?
WWL Roles & Responsibilities
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for new first-year students.
- Facilitate activities and discussions with small groups of students.
- Promote participation in Weeks of Welcome
What will you get out of it?
- Deepen awareness of your own strengths and leadership style.
- Practice inclusive communication and facilitation strategies for building connections and community.
- Increase mindfulness and appreciation of diverse perspectives, backgrounds, philosophies, and cultures.
- Develop tolerance of ambiguity and critical decision-making ability in a complex environment.
- Explore new knowledge about the University campus, community and resources.
Compensation and Benefits
- The WWL position is a volunteer position.
- T-shirts and other freebies will be provided during Weeks of Welcome
WWLs are expected to commit to the following training and program time commitments in order to remain eligible for the position. Exemptions to these time commitments are rare and will only be considered for extenuating circumstances.
2020 Weeks of Welcome Time Commitments
● August 7th: WWL Training (9:30AM - 2:30PM)
● August 10th: Student Meeting (1 hr)*
● August 14th: WWL Training (9:30AM - 11:30AM)
● August 17th: Student Meeting (1 hr)*
● August 21st: WWL Training (9:30AM - 11:30AM)
● August 24th: Student Meeting (1 hr)*
● August 28th: WWL Training (9:30AM - 12:30PM)
● August 31st: Student Meeting (1 hr)*
● September 4th: WWL Training (9:30AM - 12:30PM)
● September 6th & 7th: Final Days (plan for most of the day)
*you are able to choose when this meeting will be held. It must be done between 9:00AM - 6:00PM (CT)
WWLs will be assigned to host a Welcome Week small group if they meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student in good academic standing (at, or above a 2.3 GPA) and judicial standing with the Office of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity and Housing & Residential Life for the duration of the WWL experience.
- Complete the WWL application.
- Complete all online leadership development tasks by stated deadlines.
- Attend and participate actively in trainings.
- Meet the expectations of the WWL role and responsibilities.
Call 612-624-1979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the WWL role.