Orientation & Transition Experiences uses social networking to communicate and connect with our audiences. We also work closely with University departments and colleges to share information that is relevant to all of our followers.
Audience specific accounts
These groups have been created to help students connect with each other, as well as the U of M. These groups are closed, so membership needs to be requested. Parents: these groups are for students only.
- Class of 2023 Facebook Group - only for new freshmen who have been admitted AND confirmed their attendence for Fall 2019
- Class of 2022 Facebook Group - only for new freshmen who have been admitted AND confirmed their attendance for Fall 2018
- Class of 2021 Facebook Group - only for new freshmen who have been admitted AND confirmed their attendence for Fall 2017
- Transfer Students Facebook Group - only for incoming and current transfer students
- The Class of 2022 can add "umn2022" on Snapchat
General accounts for all audiences
The following networks were created to share general information about Orientation & Transition Experiences programs, initiatives, and events.
- Orientation & Transition Experiences Facebook Fan Page
- Orientation & Transition Experiences on Twitter - #UMN22, #UMN23, or #UMNtransfers
- Orientation & Transition Experiences on Instagram - #UMN22, #UMN23, or #UMNtransfers
- Orientation & Transition Experiences on LinkedIn (ideal for student leader alumni)
You may be declined or deleted from these groups if we cannot verify your information. If your Facebook account is set up with a name that is different than the name used to enroll with the University, please email email@example.com from your U of M email account to let us know (include the name we will see in your Facebook account).
Orientation & Transition Experiences will do our best to verify University affiliation. We respectfully ask that solicitors, marketers, parents, etc. do not attempt to join these groups.
Social media expectations
Pages, groups, and accounts created by Orientation & Transition Experiences are intended to be safe spaces for our audiences that support connection, inclusion, diversity, and tolerance.
Any comments that go against this belief may be deleted. OTE maintains the right to remove any member or follower at our discretion.
Students are encouraged to read and understand the Student Code of Conduct to ensure that all social media engagement is appropriate.
If you have questions or concerns, or if you would like to report any inappropriate content and/or comments on one of our accounts, please contact Orientation & Transition Experiences at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-1979.