Orientation & Transition Experiences uses social networking to communicate and connect with our audiences. We also work closely with University departments and colleges to share information that is relevant to all of our followers.
Audience specific accounts
These groups have been created to help students connect with each other, as well as the U of M. These groups are closed, so membership needs to be requested. Parents: these groups are for students only.
- Class of 2025 Facebook Group - only for new freshmen who have been admitted AND confirmed their attendance for Fall 2021
- Class of 2024 Facebook Group - only for new freshmen who have been admitted AND confirmed their attendance for Fall 2020
- Transfer Students Facebook Group - only for incoming and currently enrolled transfer students
- Class of 2023 Facebook Group - only for current students who first enrolled Fall 2019
- Class of 2022 Facebook Group - only for current students who first enrolled Fall 2018
- Class of 2021 Facebook Group - only for current students who first enrolled Fall 2017
You may be declined or deleted from these groups if we cannot verify your information.
Orientation & Transition Experiences will do our best to verify University affiliation. We respectfully ask that solicitors, marketers, parents, etc. do not attempt to join these groups.
General accounts for all audiences
The following networks were created to share general information about Orientation & Transition Experiences programs, initiatives, and events.
- Orientation & Transition Experiences Facebook Fan Page
- Orientation & Transition Experiences on Twitter - #UMN22, #UMN23, #UMN24, #UMN25 or #UMNtransfers
- Orientation & Transition Experiences on Instagram - #UMN22, #UMN23, #UMN24, #UMN25, or #UMNtransfers
- Orientation & Transition Experiences on LinkedIn (ideal for student leader alumni)
Social media expectations
Pages, groups, and accounts created by Orientation & Transition Experiences are intended to be safe spaces for our audiences that support connection, inclusion, diversity, and tolerance.
Any comments that go against this belief may be deleted. OTE maintains the right to remove any member or follower at our discretion.
Students are encouraged to read and understand the Student Code of Conduct to ensure that all social media engagement is appropriate.
If you have questions or concerns, or if you would like to report any inappropriate content and/or comments on one of our accounts, please contact Orientation & Transition Experiences at email@example.com or 612-624-1979.