Our vision is to be innovative and responsive to the shifting needs of our students while being leaders in the field of orientation, transition and retention.
In an effort to support each student during their transition to the U of M and on their path to graduation, Orientation & Transition Experiences offers high-quality, dynamic experiences that cultivate community and empower students to champion their own development and leverage campus resources.
In connection with OTE’s mission and the University’s retention goals, OTE programs and experiences will support the student transition and sense of belonging by…
- Helping students understand and thrive in their transition
- Creating a welcoming environment
- Communicating academic expectations and pathways
- Sharing information about how to navigate resources
- Fostering community development
- Conveying the importance of student engagement
- Connecting new students with peer leaders
Continually finding a sense of connection.
Creating synergy through intentional partnerships.
Advocating for equity in our programs and on our campus.
An ongoing process of self improvement and skill development.
Empowering students to thrive as they persist to graduation.
Points of Pride
Communicators Forum, Maroon Award for Design, Poster
2015-2016 Welcome Students Poster
Communicators Forum, Maroon Award for Design, Multi-Page Print
2015-2016 Gold Book: Your Guide to the First Year