Freshman Orientation is required of all new students. Toward the end of March, once you have confirmed your enrollment, you will receive information about completing your New Student Checklist and selecting an Orientation date. You must sign up for your Orientation date prior to July 1, 2022.
Orientation has two required components:
- The Orientation Prep Course will provide you with valuable information about your college of enrollment and University resources. Orientation Prep Course modules must be successfully completed before your Orientation day.
- During your two-day on-campus Orientation program, you will be placed into a small group with an Orientation Leader who will lead you through your Day 1 activities, where you will learn about life on campus, meet other new students, explore campus resources, and spend the night in a residence hall. On Day 2, you will meet with an academic advisor from your college and register for your fall semester classes.
By participating in Orientation, you will
- Understand the academic and community expectations of a University of Minnesota student.
- Feel more prepared to transition into the University.
- Become acquainted with the resources available to University of Minnesota students.
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for spring courses.
- Have a better understanding of the University of Minnesota student experience.