Student Transition Experiences Intern
The Student Transition Experience Interns are responsible for the development and implementation of programs and communications serving first-year, transfer and second-year students. Specific duties will be divided between both Student Transition Experience Interns. This position reports to the Coordinator of Student Transition Experiences, Michael Gonzalez.
The Student Transition Experience Interns are responsible for the development and implementation of programs and communications serving first-year, transfer and second-year students. Specific duties will be divided between both Student Transition Experience Interns. This position reports to the Coordinator of Student Transition Experiences.
Student Transition Experience Interns will be expected to assist with the following:
- Support the planning execution and evaluation of all student transition experiences within Orientation & Transition Experiences: At Home in MN, Transfer Student Network (Coffee Chats, Hangouts, etc)
- Plan, execute and evaluation programming for Living Learning Communities serving out-of-state students (At Home in MN), transfer students (Leaders in Transition), and second year students (Second-Year Experience).
- Assist with recruiting, hiring and training of Transfer Insiders (approx. 10 students) who serve as peer mentors for transfer students.
- Identify and develop timely content for the Class of 20XX eNewsletter, Transfer Insider emails, Transfer Student Engagement emails, communication to second-year students, and websites that serve all three populations.
- Engage first-year, transfer and second year students through social media efforts in “U of M Transfers”, “Class of 20XX” and “Second Year Experience” Facebook pages
- Maintain and document attendance records for all events.
- Assist with research efforts through evaluation and data analysis
- Communicate trends gathered from events, social media, research, etc with appropriate professional staff.
- Respond to questions and inquiries from students through management of specific email accounts.
- Support the Coordinator of Student Transition Experiences with other duties as related to the position.
Work Schedule and Terms of Employment
Student Transition Experiences Interns are paid at an hourly rate of $11.50. It is expected that 10-12 hours/week are worked during the academic year with flexible hours between 8:00am-4:30pm. This position is eligible to stay employed through the following Academic Year based on performance and interest.
Interested in applying?
Please complete the OTE Collaborative Leadership Application. Applicants will be prompted to submit copy of Fall schedule, resume, and statement of interest/cover letter.
Be sure to check “Student Transitions Experiences Intern” box in the application
Applications will close July 14, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
Questions should be sent to Coordinator of Student Transition Experiences, Michael Gonzalez (email@example.com).