The Operations Crew serves as a valuable resource in assisting new students and their family members with the start of their transition experience and provides a first impression of the university. The Operations Crew Members implement the check-in program for first-year and transfer summer orientation programs for new, incoming students and their guests. The Operation Crew also facilitates the check-in, attendance management, and event staffing for Welcome Week.
- Attend and participate in all training sessions;
- Set-up and organize supplies for events and check-ins;
- Facilitate check-in process for Welcome Week;
- Answer students and guests’ questions concerns with excellent customer service;
- Facilitate late check-in;
- Provide administrative support for Welcome Week, including preparation of program materials;
- Manage entrance to Welcome Week events;
- Serve as a positive representative of the University of Minnesota and Orientation & Transition Experiences to new students and their guests;
- Complete other projects/tasks as assigned.
Reports to Maddie Portnoy, Operations Specialist
- Self-motivated and dependable;
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student at the University of Minnesota through Fall 2022 and be in good academic standing;
- Available to fill all of the required hours of the position;
- Interest in helping new students and families transition to the University of Minnesota.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University’s Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
Time Commitment and Important Dates
*All dates, times, and responsibilities listed below are subject to change based on University’s COVID response plan
- August 15-26: Welcome Week Training & Preparation (approx. 25 hours/week)
- August 30-September 4: Welcome Week (varying hours between 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Members of the Operations Crew are paid $12 per hour, plus meals during scheduled Welcome Week work hours.