Operations Crew Member
The Operation Crew supports Orientation & Transition Experiences by facilitating the check-in, attendance management, and event staffing for Welcome Week and Orientation. The Operations Crew serves as a valuable resource in assisting new students and their family members with the start of their transition experience and provides a first impression of the university.
- Attend and participate in all training sessions.
- Set-up and organize supplies for events and check-ins.
- Facilitate check-in process of Welcome Week and Orientation.
- Answer students and guests’ questions concerns.
- Provide administrative support for Welcome Week and Orientation, including preparation of program materials.
- Manage entrance to Welcome Week events.
- Serve as a positive representative of the University of Minnesota and Orientation & Transition Experiences to new students and their guests.
- Complete other projects/tasks as assigned.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Operations.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and dependable;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Comfortable with in-person responsibilities during Operations Crew Training and Welcome Week and Orientation
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student at the University of Minnesota through Fall 2023 and be in good academic standing;
- Availability from August 18-September 4, 2023 to fill the required hours of the position;
- Interest in helping new students and families transition to the University of Minnesota.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University’s Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
Time Commitment and Important Dates
Orientation and Welcome Week utilize operations crew. During your application you will be asked if you are interested in working only orientation, only welcome week, or both programs. The time commitments for the programs are below:
- Summer Orientation Operations Crew can anticipate working between 10 -20 hours per week.
Welcome Week Operations Crew can anticipate working up to 35 hours per week. Schedule will be determined by early August.
Members of the Operations Crew are paid $15.00 per hour, plus meals during scheduled Welcome Week work hours.
This application is currently closed.