Transfer Orientation is required of all new transfer students. We recognize that you are coming to the U of M with previous college experience and offer an Orientation program that meets your transfer needs. Transfer Orientation for Fall 2023 is a two-part process:
- The Orientation Prep Course will provide you with valuable information about your college of enrollment and University resources. Orientation Prep Course modules must be successfully completed before your Orientation day.
- On your Orientation day, you will meet with your college advisor, register for spring courses, explore campus resources and connect with other new students. Some Orientation days will be in person (on-campus) and some will take place remotely (via Zoom). You can review the options for your Orientation dates on the New Student Checklist.
By Participating in Orientation, You Will
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for classes
- Become familiar using the University’s course management tool Canvas
- Connect with other transfer students