New Student Checklist
The New Student Checklist is available now for those students who have confirmed their enrollment. Please note that it can take up 3-5 business days after the confirmation fee is paid to gain access to the checklist.
Each checklist is personalized to you and is made up of college specific step and steps that all students will complete. Here is an example of some of the items you will find on your personalized checklist:
- Complete your Tell Us About Yourself Survey
This 20 minute survey will provide your advisor with the information to help you register for fall classes.
- Select Your Orientation dates
You can select your two-day on-campus Orientation dates after you complete your Tell Us About Yourself survey.
- Complete Online Orientation
- Complete assigned placement tests
Placement tests must be started at least one week prior to your Orientation date
Plus, any additional college-specific checklist items.
College Contact Information
Please contact your college of enrollment with questions regarding your required placement exams or changing your orientation date.
COLLEGE OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (CBS)
COLLEGE OF DESIGN (CDES)
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT (CEHD)
COLLEGE OF FOOD, AGRICULTURAL AND NATURAL RESOURCE SCIENCES (CFANS)
Orientation & Transition Experiences works closely with International Student Scholar Services (ISSS) to provide accurate information for your transition to the University of Minnesota. As you plan for your arrival, please visit the ISSS website to learn about specific requirements for new international students.
You will select your Transfer Orientation date as part of completing your New Student Checklist.
We strongly encourage international students to arrive in Minnesota on the suggested arrival date of January 10, 2020. Once on campus you will complete your ISSS Check-in and Welcome Session in the morning of your Day 1 of orientation. You will not be allowed to register for courses until your ISSS Check-In and Welcome is complete.
There are two ways you can get your U Card on the second day of your orientation visit.
- Photo Upload – Have your U Card ready! (Incoming freshmen only may access Photo Upload)
- Go online to http://z.umn.edu/photoupload
- Upload your picture and signature and have your images approved at least 2 weeks prior to your orientation date.
- Pick up your pre-printed U Card with a valid photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, or tribal ID) at the U Card Office during orientation.
- U Card Regular Production Service
- Visit the U Card Office after you register for classes at Orientation with a valid photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, or tribal ID).
- Have your picture taken.
- Receive your U Card.
For more information about the U Card, please visit the U Card Office website at www.umn.edu/ucard or call 612-626-9900.