The mission of the Orientation and Transition Experiences office is to support students in their transition to the U of M, by offering high-quality, dynamic experiences. Although we wish we could be in community with each other this summer for our New Student Orientations, we have chosen to prioritize everyone’s safety and will be implementing remote orientation programming. We understand that this is a deviation from what was anticipated for your Summer 2020 orientation experience, but we are committed to providing supportive and dynamic orientation programming within this new model.
Freshman Orientation is a remote program required of all new students. In April, once you have confirmed your enrollment, you will receive information from your college about completing your New Student Checklist and selecting an Orientation date.
By participating in Orientation, you will
- Understand the academic and community expectations of a University of Minnesota student.
- Feel more prepared to transition into the University.
- Become acquainted with the resources available to University of Minnesota students.
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for fall courses.
- Have a better understanding of the University of Minnesota student experience.
- Participate in a small group meeting with an Orientation Leader.