Freshman Orientation is a two-day on-campus program required of all new students. In April, once you have confirmed your enrollment, you will receive information from your college about completing your New Student Checklist and registering for Orientation.
By participating in Orientation, you will
- Understand the academic and community expectations of a University of Minnesota student.
- Feel more prepared to transition into the University.
- Become acquainted with the resources available to University of Minnesota students.
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for fall courses.
- Have a better understanding of the University of Minnesota student experience.
- Interact with Orientation Leaders who will guide you through the Orientation experience.