Things to Know Before you Lease
Are you starting to think about your living arrangements for next year? Take your time in choosing a place to live, there really is no rush even though those around you might be starting early.
There are plenty of housing options both on and off-campus at a variety of price points. Doing some background research and taking the time to explore your options will be useful before signing a lease.
- As the weather turns colder, make sure you make time to go outside even if it is brief! If you are unable to exercise, you can get creative and exercise in open rooms wherever you live. (Tip: this is a fun thing to do with friends.) Exercise can help you manage stress.
- Start getting in the habit of regular exercise and schedule it like you would any other commitment (class, work. etc.). This will help ensure that you have time for physical activity built into your regular routine.
Thanksgiving Break Tips
Thanksgiving break is a great time to relax and connect with family and friends. Start working ahead and making a plan now so you don't spend your entire break doing homework. Get your group together and start working on that big group project early. Chances are your group members would like to get it done sooner rather than later too.
- It’s easy to fall into the sophomore slump this time of year. Here are 10 ways to get out of the sophomore slump and stay motivated.
- Check out the time management and study tips offered by Effective U.
- The U of M libraries offers a great assignment calculator to help you break down your big projects and papers into manageable steps.
Explore your MAJOR options – consider registering for classes to help you find or affirm your major (including career courses)