Your Health and Final Exams
The end of the semester can be a really busy time. As you prepare for finals and work hard to finish papers and projects it can be easy to forget to take care of yourself. This semester try not to sacrifice eating healthy and getting enough rest in order to be more productive. Remember, your body needs proper nutrition and sleep to function. Start studying early in order to reduce the stress that comes with the end of the semester.
- Effective U offers great resources to help you manage your stress, manage your time, and help you prepare for exams.
- Boynton also offers free yoga, tai chi, and Pilates classes throughout the school year. Stop by a class to relax and clear your mind.
- Did you know that animals can help ease anxiety and stress? Check out PAWS during the school year to relax and play with therapy animals.
The End is Near, Keep Going!
Whether you want to keep your grades at the level they are now or boost them before the end of the semester, doing well on finals can make a big difference! Walk into your finals with confidence by preparing for your exams effectively. The University offers several resources to help you study for finals. Whether you need a tutor or just the motivation to hunker down and study, the U has it!
- Make an appointment with Student Writing Support for help with your final papers (beware, time slots fill up fast this time of year!).
- SMART Learning Commons provides tutoring, help with media projects, and research projects.
- Stop by Exam Jam for extra study support and snacks to keep you energized!
- University Libraries are open 24 hours a day during finals. Take advantage of the additional study time!
- The U of M libraries also offers a great assignment calculator to help you break down your projects and papers into manageable steps.
Everything You Need to Know About Minnesota Winters
Minneapolis is a great city to live in, but when the winter cold weather hits things can start to get a little more complicated.
- Minneapolis winter parking restrictions are something you need to be aware of if you’re parking on campus or in the city this winter. You don’t want to get towed!
- When a snow emergency hits, there are even more parking rules that go into effect. Stay informed about snow emergencies through social media, email, text, and phone.
- Talk to parents, relatives, and close friends and ask what they do for work/career
- Conduct an informational interview with a professional in a career area of interest to you.
- Ask to job shadow with a person who works in an area of interest to you
- Participate in cutting edge research with faculty through the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
Want to read more? Career Planning in Your Second Year