Welcome Week Intern
The Welcome Week Logistics Intern helps to manage operational components for the Orientation & Transition Experiences Welcome Week program. It is essential that the individual hired for this position has exceptional interpersonal skills, customer service skills, previous leadership experience, and can work autonomously and with a team. This person will be an integral member of the Welcome Week leadership team and will report to the Assistant Director of Welcome Week to assist with the planning, training components, and execution of the Welcome Week program.
- Manages Welcome Week headquarters and delivery day in partnership with the Orientation Program Assistants (OPAs), utilizing OPA and sign grids
- Assist with managing Welcome Week attendance to include major Welcome Week events such as Check-In, Pride & Spirit, Convocation, Football Game, Mall of America, and other events/sessions
- Coordinate meals for professional staff and student staff leading up to and during Welcome Week, placing orders when necessary
- Support off-campus/commuter student track within Welcome Week by distributing parking and meal tickets to Welcome Week participants at indicated times
- Assist in creating, updating, and promoting content within the Welcome Week App
- Assist with Event Selection and Welcome Week assessment testing.
- Provide administrative support for the Welcome Week program, including preparation of program materials
- Provide support for Welcome Week events, specifically Welcome Week Check-in, and other events as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to, troubleshooting at events, providing oversight of events, etc.
- Following the Welcome Week program, assist with 10th Day attendance reporting, evaluation coding, inventory of supplies, and other program wrap-up
- Assists in creating Welcome Week group assignments, including off-campus group assignments, and leader task assignments for logistics-heavy events (New Student Convocation, etc.)
- Support Assistant Director of Welcome Week in developing rotational grids for various tracks within the Welcome Week program
- Support OL and WWL training as necessary to help train OLs and WWLs about Welcome Week logistics
- Attends regular Welcome Week Team Meetings to provide updates and stay informed about programmatic changes
- Collaborate with Welcome Week Student Program Coordinator to update training materials, provide training to Orientation Leaders and Welcome Week Leaders, and ensure all programmatic content is updated
- Serves as a positive representative of the University and Orientation & Transition Experiences
- Completes other projects/tasks as assigned
- The ideal candidate demonstrates initiative, is punctual, reliable and consistent, approachable, positive, friendly and has a proactive customer service philosophy.
- This person has multitasking and strong organizational skills, and has a very strong aptitude for detailed information
- They have a team-oriented attitude, can demonstrate problem-solving skills, can adapt to changing situations and details
- Display strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills and the potential to develop these skills
- Demonstrated time-management skills and flexibility, and ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to work well, independently, as well as with a diverse staff
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Enrolled full-time at the U, in good academic standing at the time of application and intend to be enrolled as a full-time student for Fall 2020
- Previous leadership experience with Orientation & Transition Experiences
- Training will begin in April
- During the Summer, the Welcome Week Logistics Intern will maintain a schedule of approximately 40 hours per week, with potential for overtime leading up to and during the Welcome Week program
We are currently accepting applications! Interested applicants should through the OTE Leadership Application. Qualified applicants will be notified for interviews.