Orientation Program Assistant
The Orientation Program Assistant will assist in all aspects of Freshman Orientation and Welcome Week, including room set-up, program technical needs, supply management, check-in, luggage, accommodations, assisting new students and guests, supporting Orientation Leaders and Coordinators as needed, narrating Pieces of the Puzzle, and other projects as assigned.
- Assist in all aspects of Freshman Orientation and Welcome Week, including room set-ups, program technical needs, supply chain management, check-in support, and luggage management
- Provide disability accommodations support and manage golf cart transportation
- Support the Orientation Leaders and Student Coordinators as needed
- Narrate and provide technical support to the theatrical production, Pieces of the Puzzle
- Open to currently enrolled undergraduate students only
- Past experience as an OTE student leader/employee is preferred, but not required
- Thorough knowledge of Orientation & Transition Experiences and the University of Minnesota
- Ability to handle many projects at once
- Strong organization skills and initiative
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Positive attitude
- Friendly and outgoing customer service approach
- Ability to comprehend a multi-dimensional program and predict areas of need
To apply, email a resume and a letter of intent that answers the following questions to the Operations Coordinator (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Please describe how you can make a positive impact on a new students’ transition to the U of M. If you have worked in Orientation & Transition Experiences previously, also describe your motivation for applying for this new position within our office.
- Select a previous work experience, leadership opportunity, or other activity and describe why that experience makes you qualified for this position.
- Please list any activities that you will be involved in during the summer (mid-May through early-September). This includes classes, internships, other employment, SPAT camp, CA training, WWL training, planned vacations, study abroad, etc.