Orientation Programming Assistants (OPAs) are responsible for logistical support of Orientation and Welcome Week which includes event set-ups, supply management and delivery, disability accommodations, and other projects as assigned.
This position requires availability from June 1 - September 5, 2022 with a scheduled break for July 22-August 17, 2022.
- Facilitate event set-ups
- Manage and deliver supplies for programming
- Assist in managing disability accommodations
- Provide customer service and support for students, families, and programmatic partners
- Manage other tasks as assigned to support Orientation & Welcome Week
This position reports to Maddie Portnoy, Operations Specialist
- Undergraduate students
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated awareness of self and others
- Ability to think critically and be adaptable to situations
- Ability to work independently
- A valid driver's license (required)
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Not planning to study abroad before September 5, 2022 and will not graduate prior to December 2022
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University’s Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
Position Learning Outcomes
- Be confident interacting with students and families
- Set a personal example of what you expect of others
- Adapt behavior in response to team or organizational needs
- Develop cooperative relationships among the people with whom you work
- Know when to work alone and when to consult with others
- Seek out challenging opportunities that test your own skills and abilities
- Take responsibility for and be accountable to your actions
- Work in situations where the rules are not always clear
- Learn how to operate in an environment where plans may change with short notice
*All dates, times, and responsibilities listed below are subject to change based on University’s COVID response plan
- Friday, March 25: Application Deadline
- Monday, March 28 - Wednesday, March 30: Individual Interviews
- Friday, April 1: Notification
- Tuesday, May 31: OPA Training
- Wednesday, June 1 - Friday, June 3: Orientation Prep
- June 13-July 1, July 6-8, July 11-15, July 18-21, Aug 24, 25, 29: Freshman Orientation, varied schedules between 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 31 - Sunday, September 4: Welcome Week Support, Hours vary between 8am-12am daily
OPAs will be paid $12.00 per hour, plus meals during work hours.
This application is closed.