We need you!
Orientation Leaders are responsible for creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for approximately 7000 new first-year students during New Student Orientation, Welcome Week, and for various events throughout the school year. Programs focus on providing a quality transitional experience for new students. Additionally, the Orientation Leaders work as a team to recruit, train and supervise a volunteer team of 350 Welcome Week Leaders.
For Orientation Leader opportunities, please contact Charlie Ellis at [email protected]
- Register and complete OUE3311: Leadership Development for University Student Leaders which is a one-credit, B-Term training course meeting
- Staff 30 Orientation sessions for first years (2-day) and transfers (1-day) dates which includes, but is not limited to:
- presenting to large audiences of new students and families
- facilitating small group discussions
- supporting the logistics of the orientation program including assembling student/family materials and program setups/tear down
- Support the logistics of all orientation programs including assembling student/family materials, program set up/tear down, and moving materials.
- Facilitate small group discussions
- Build relationships with incoming students and their families and guests
- Present and facilitate various topics to various sizes of new students
- Serve on late night duties during orientation programming
- Assist new students in the navigation of campus through campus tours and exploration of campus
- Supervise and train a group of 10-20 Welcome Week Leaders during the Spring Welcome Week Leader Conference
- Complete summer training
- Live in University residence hall alongside new students
- Complete Welcome Week Training
- Supervise and Train a group of 10-20 Welcome Week Leaders for Welcome Week Leader Prep Weekend and throughout the Welcome Week program
- Provide programmatic support to the Welcome Week Program including Transfer Track
- Reports to: Assistant Director of Orientation and Student Leadership
- Cumulative GPA of 2.3 or higher to be maintained throughout employment and reviewed each semester
- Enrolled full time (13 credits) as a student
- Must reside in the United States during term of employment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated awareness of self and others
- Can positively receive and utilize constructive feedback
- Ability to think critically and be adaptable to situations
- Ability to work independently
Preferred Position Qualifications
- Prior presentation experience
- Strong organizational, administrative, customer service, and leadership skills including the ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while delivering high-quality work along a specific set of deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team and with supervisors
- Self-motivated and possesses a desire to work in a flexible team and focused atmosphere
January-April (2-4 hours/week)
- Orientation Leader application available soon!
- FlipGrid interviews TBD
- Individual Interviews TBD
- Position offers made TBD
- First OUE3311 class TBD
- Weekly Wednesday classes for OUE3311 TBD
- Welcome Week Leader Conference TBD
May-July (40 hours/week paid)
- Orientation Leader summer training
- Orientation dates, various shifts
- Complete Welcome Week Training TBD
- Facilitate Orientation dates TBD
- Train Welcome Week Leaders during Prep Weekend TBD
- Supervise Welcome Week Leaders and provide program support during Welcome Week with varying schedules of at least 20 hours per week and upwards of 40+ hours. May take place in person based on program structure decisions.
- Provide programmatic support to the Welcome Week program including Transfer Track
Room (approximately $1775) and board (approximately $850) in a campus residence hall.
Meals (approximately $300) during Welcome Week training and program.