The Office Assistant supports Orientation & Transition Experiences by professionally communicating with incoming students, parents, and campus contacts via email, chat, and telephone, using Salesforce to track and respond to all contacts with our office, and completing other office projects and duties as assigned. The Office Assistant is also responsible for greeting and assisting guests of the office and maintaining office organization and cleanliness.
- Manage and maintain front desk operations, including answering phone calls, emails, and live chats, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Use Salesforce to track and organize all contacts made with Orientation & Transition Experiences.
- Offer support and assistance to professional staff through engagement in various projects and administrative tasks.
- Stay up-to-date with specific details of Orientation and Welcome Week programming to communicate to students and families.
- Attend two all student staff professional development trainings per semester (Oct-Apr).
- Attend regular Office Assistant check-in meetings with the full OA team and supervisor one-on-one check-ins.
- Enrolled in at least 13 credits for Fall 2024 at the University of Minnesota and be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.3.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and dependable.
- Organizational skills and strategic thinking.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Strong aptitude for retaining detailed information.
- Proven ability to communicate in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Interest in helping new students and families transition to the University of Minnesota.
- Willing to learn about the people, resources, services, opportunities, and policies at the University of Minnesota.
- Prior experience as an Orientation & Transition Experiences student leader and/or employee.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Compensation & Schedule
The Office Assistant is paid $15.00 per hour.
The Office Assistant can anticipate working 10 - 20 hours per week during the Summer, and 5-10 hours per week during the academic year. The responsibilities of this position are in-person.
This position reports to the assistant director of operations.
Office Assistant applications will open in the coming weeks. Please check back for future opportunities.