The Office Assistant plays a crucial role in our office. The responsibilities of this position include receptionist and information referral point for new students, parents, office staff and University departments.
The Office Assistant position reports directly to the Associate Director of Operations. This position supports Orientation & Transition Experiences by greeting and assisting guests of the office, professionally communicating with incoming students, parents, and campus contacts via email and telephone, maintaining office organization and cleanliness, and other duties as assigned. This position supports an office of 11 professional staff, approximately 30 student employees, approximately 30 student leaders, and nearly 450 student volunteers. This position will, in addition to the duties above, offer support in one of the following areas:
- Offer support and assistance to professional staff thorugh engagement in various projects
- Staying up-to-date with specific details of Orientation programming to communicate to students and families
- Pursuing an active role in managing and maintaining front desk operations, including answering phone calls
- Supporting office initiatives and events related to the matriculation process
- Balancing academic responsibilities with the requirements of the position
- Assisting with Orientation & Welcome Week logistics
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and dependable
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and strategic thinking
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiar with professional office environment
- Proven ability to communicate in a professional manner, both verbally and in-writing
- Strong aptitude for retaining detailed information
- Interest in helping new students and families transition to the University of Minnesota
- Willing to learn about the people, resources, services, opportunities, and policies at the University of Minnesota
- Enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at the University of Minnesota and be in good academic standing
- Past Orientation & Transition Experiences student leader and/or employee
- Our office is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. during the school year and 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. during the summer. Qualified candidates must be available to work within our office hours for at least 8 hours per week during the school year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
This position is no longer accepting applications.