The Office Assistant plays a crucial role in our office. The responsibilities of this position include receptionist and information referral point for new students, parents, office staff and University departments.
- Manage and maintain front desk operations, including answering phone calls, emails, and live chats, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Use Salesforce to track and organize all contacts made with Orientation & Transition Experiences.
- Offer support and assistance to professional staff through engagement in various projects and administrative tasks.
- Stay up-to-date with specific details of Orientation and Welcome Week programming to communicate to students and families.
- Attend two all-student staff professional development trainings per semester (Oct-Apr).
- Attend regular Office Assistant check-in meetings with the full OA team and supervisor one-on-one check-ins.
The position reports to Maddie Portnoy, Operations Specialist
- Enrolled in at least 6 credits at the University of Minnesota and be in good academic standing;
- Availability through Spring 2023 to fill the required hours of the position;
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and dependable;
- Strong organizational skills and strategic thinking;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong aptitude for retaining detailed information;
- Proven ability to communicate in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing;
- Interest in helping new students and families transition to the University of Minnesota;
- Willing to learn about the people, resources, services, opportunities, and policies at the University of Minnesota.
- Past Orientation & Transition Experiences student leader and/or employee
Compensation & Schedule
The Office Assistant is paid $11.50 per hour.
This position will start the week of February 28. The Office Assistant can anticipate working 4-6 hours per week during the Spring semester for training and onboarding, 12-18 hours per week during the Summer, and 10-15 hours per week during the 2022-2023 academic year. The responsibilities of this position are in-person.