The Office Assistant plays a crucial role in our office. The responsibilities of this position include receptionist and information referral point for new students, parents, office staff and University departments.
Applications are currently open and will be accepted through Friday, March 22. Job ID#329197
2019 Office Assistant
- Our office is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. during the school year and 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. during the summer. Qualified candidates must be available to work within our office hours for at least 8 hours per week during the school year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
The Office Assistant position reports directly to the Associate Director of Operations This position supports Orientation & Transition Experiences by greeting and assisting guests of the office, professionally communicating with incoming students, parents, and campus contacts via email and telephone, maintaining office organization and cleanliness, and other duties as assigned. This position supports an office of 9 professional staff, approximately 30 student employees, approximately 30 student leaders, and nearly 450 student volunteers. This position may, in addition to the duties above, offer support in one of the following areas:
- Offer support and assistance to professional staff thorugh engagement in various projects
- Pursuing an active role in managing and maintaining front desk operations, including answering phone calls
- Supporting office initiatives and events related to the matriculation process
- Balancing academic responsibilities with the requirements of the position
- Identifying and communicating logistical counts for Orientation programming
- Assisting with Orientation & Welcome Week logistics
To be considered for the Office Assistant position, one must have excellent customer service skills, a proven ability to communicate in a professional capacity, and a working knowledge of the University of Minnesota.