Orientation & Transition Experiences (OTE) is seeking a digital media intern to help strengthen OTE’s presence in the areas of social media and app-based communication.
- Grow social media presence through assisting in the development of an OTE social media strategy;
- Develop strategies for capturing target audience engagement;
- Conceptualize, create, and publish regularly occurring content that enhances the student transition experiences and encourages engagement;
- Collaborate with OTE professional staff and student interns to determine appropriate content;
- Maintain social media profiles such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook Page & Groups;
- Produce stories and create social media graphics;
- Engage with OTE audiences via social communications;
- Collect analytics and/or create reports to update professional staff of activities and outcomes;
- Assist with the creation, delivery, and tracking of content via the Gopher Transitions App.
This position reports to Melissa Shugarman, Marketing and Communications Manager
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student at the University of Minnesota and be in good academic standing;
- An understanding and interest in strategic communication, storytelling, and enhancing the new student experience through effective communication;
- Strong functional knowledge of social media principles, practices, and the desire to apply that knowledge in a professional environment;
- A strong interest in emerging social media and a desire to learn more about interactive technology and new media;
- Ability to learn and adhere to university brand standards and divisional marketing practices.;
- Ability to create content using graphics-related software/applications (Photoshop/Illustrator, Canva, etc);
- Interest in tracking and documenting analytics of all these technologies in order to understand trends and impact;
- Ability to project prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Willingness and ability to research and learn about concepts or technologies needed to be successful in this position
The Digital Media Intern will maintain a schedule of 10-15 hours per week through the academic year and 15-20 hours in the summer
Remote Work Plan
The primary plan for this position is to work remotely during the Spring 2021 semester. This position will also have access to a workplace-issued computer that can be used remotely. Plans for the Summer and Fall of 2021 will be determined in alignment with the University’s distance learning policies in response to COVID-19. In the event that campus operations resume in-person, the Digital Media Intern will be expected to be available to work in the Orientation & Transition Experiences office located in Coffman Memorial Union.
The Digital Media Intern is paid $12.50 per hour.
Applications are closed
In the application, you will be asked to answer two short essays and upload supplemental information. The prompts for these sections of the application are:
- Describe your interest in the Digital Media Intern position and any experiences you have that will contribute to your success (300-word limit).
- How do you think Digital Media (social media, apps, etc.) can enhance a student's transition to the University? (300-word limit)
- Upload your Current Resume
- Upload 2-3 examples of engaging social/digital media materials (images, posts, videos, etc.) you have created. All work should be saved in one document; providing links to relevant items is acceptable.
Within the application, you can save your progress and return to it any time.
Contact Melissa Shugarman ([email protected]) with questions.