The Transfer Insider role is a volunteer opportunity available to transfer students who are interested in mentoring new, first-semester transfer students.
- Schedule and participate in Coffee Chats with new transfer students who are interested in meeting with a current student to learn more about being a student at the U.
- Attend regular meetings with the team of Transfer Insiders and Coordinator for Student Transition Experiences to themes from Coffee Chats.
- Attend and support larger events planned by the Student Transition Experiences team to promote connections among transfer students and share your experiences with new students. These may include At Home in Minnesota events serving out-of-state students, Transfer Student Hangout, etc.
- Assist in the development of communications that can be sent to new transfer students to introduce them to your own experience, as well as, support resources.
- Maintain routine communication with the Coordinator for Student Transition Experiences.
With these responsibilities, expect a time commitment of 1-2 hours per week beginning Fall 2019. If you are interested in engaging in this mentorship opportunity, please complete an application.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.