Operations Crew Member
The Operation Crew supports Orientation & Transition Experiences by facilitating the check-in, attendance management, and event staffing for Welcome Week. The Operations Crew serves as a valuable resource in assisting new students and their family members with the start of their transition experience and provides a first impression of the university.
- Attend and participate in all training sessions;
- Set-up and organize supplies for events and check-ins;
- Facilitate check-in process of Welcome Week;
- Answer students and guests’ questions concerns;
- Provide administrative support for Welcome Week, including preparation of program materials;
- Manage entrance to Welcome Week events;
- Serve as a positive representative of the University of Minnesota and Orientation & Transition Experiences to new students and their guests;
- Complete other projects/tasks as assigned.
Reports to Maddie Portnoy, Operations Specialist
Plans for Welcome Week 2021 are being developed to offer an in-person experience in alignment with recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health and the University of Minnesota COVID-19 protocols. This position will be in-person.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and dependable;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Comfortable with in-person responsibilities during Operations Crew Training and Welcome Week
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student at the University of Minnesota through Fall 2021 and be in good academic standing;
- Availability from August 16-September 6, 2021 to fill the required hours of the position;
- Interest in helping new students and families transition to the University of Minnesota.
Operations Crew Members can anticipate working up to 35 hours per week between August 16-September 6, 2021. The schedule will be determined by early August.
*All dates, times, and responsibilities listed below are subject to change based on University’s COVID response plan
- Monday, August 16-Friday, August 20: Operations Crew Training
- Monday, August 23-Friday, August 27: Welcome Week Preparation
- Saturday, August 28-Tuesday, August 31: Welcome Week Check-In
- Wednesday, September 1-Monday, September 6 (varying hours daily): Welcome Week
Members of the Operations Crew are paid $11 per hour.