The Operations Crew play a crucial role in our office by assisting the implementation of the check-in program for freshmen and transfer summer orientation programs for new, incoming students and their guests and assist with the attendance management for the Welcome Week program. The Operations Crew serves as a valuable resource in assisting new students and their family members with the start of their Orientation experience and provides a first impression of the university.
- Offer support and assistance to professional staff through engagement in various projects
- Supporting office initiatives and events related to the matriculation process
- Balancing academic responsibilities with the requirements of the position
- Attend and participate in all training sessions
- Set-up and organize supplies/materials for each event or check-in
- Facilitate check-in process of new students and parents
- Answer students and guests' questions/concerns
- Facilitate late check-in
- Provide administrative support for the program, including preparation of program materials
- Serve as a positive representative of the University and Orientation & Transition Experiences to new students and their guests
- Complete other projects/tasks as assigned
To learn more about the position responsibilities, time commitments and compensation, please review the position description.
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates initiative
- Is punctual, reliable and consistent
- Is approachable, positive, friendly, and has a pro-active customer service philosophy
- Multitasks and has strong organizational skills
- Has a strong aptitude for retention of detailed information and can accurately explain this information to others
- Has a team-oriented attitude
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Is patient and is able to adapt to changing situations and details
- Mornings in June, July, and August with additional time commitment during Welcome Week
We are currently accepting applications! Interested applicants should apply through OTE Leadership Application. We will begin to review applications during mid spring 2020 for employment beginning in late May.