New Student Checklist
The New Student Checklist will be available for new Fall 2020 freshman students on April 1. You will be required to have paid your confirmation fee to access the New Student Checklist. Please note that it can take up 3-5 business days after the confirmation fee is paid to gain access to the checklist.
Each checklist is personalized to you and is made up of college specific step and steps that all students will complete. Here is an example of some of the items you will find on your personalized checklist:
- Complete your Tell Us About Yourself Survey
This 20 minute survey will provide your advisor with the information to help you register for fall classes.
- Select Your Orientation dates
You can select your two-day on-campus Orientation dates after you complete your Tell Us About Yourself survey.
- Complete assigned placement tests
Placement tests must be completed one week prior to your Orientation date
Plus, any additional college-specific checklist items.
College Contact Information
Please contact your college of enrollment with questions regarding your required placement exams or changing your orientation date.
COLLEGE OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (CBS)
COLLEGE OF DESIGN (CDES)
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT (CEHD)
COLLEGE OF FOOD, AGRICULTURAL AND NATURAL RESOURCE SCIENCES (CFANS)
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING (CSE)
CARLSON SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (CSOM)
SCHOOL OF NURSING
COLLEGE OF CONTINUING AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (CCAPS)
No New Student Checklist - check with CCAPS to see if you have any required tasks. CCAPS was formerly known as the College of Continuing Education (CCE).
Orientation & Transition Experiences works closely with International Student Scholar Services (ISSS) to provide accurate information for your transition to the University of Minnesota. As you plan for your arrival, please visit the ISSS website to learn about specific requirements for new international students.
You will select your Freshman Orientation date in August 2020 as part of completing your New Student Checklist. The New Student Checklist will launch on April 1.
We strongly encourage international students to arrive in Minnesota on the suggested arrival date in August 2020. Once on campus you will complete your ISSS Check-in and Welcome Session in the morning of your Day 1 of Freshman Orientation. You will not be allowed to register for courses until your Immigration Check-In is complete.
There are two ways you can get your U Card on the second day of your orientation visit.
- Photo Upload – Have your U Card ready! (Incoming freshmen only may access Photo Upload)
- Go online to http://z.umn.edu/photoupload beginning April 1, 2020
- Upload your picture and signature and have your images approved at least 2 weeks prior to your orientation date.
- Pick up your pre-printed U Card with a valid photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, or tribal ID) at the U Card Office on day 2 of Orientation.
- U Card Regular Production Service
- Visit the U Card Office after you register for classes on day 2 of Orientation with a valid photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, or tribal ID).
- Have your picture taken.
- Receive your U Card.
For more information about the U Card, please visit the U Card Office website at www.umn.edu/ucard or call 612-626-9900.