Freshman Parents & Families
Once your student has selected their orientation dates you will be able to register for Parent Orientation. Orientation dates occur between June 4-July 12 plus 3 additional dates in late August for our out-of-state and international students. For more specific information about the online registration process, cost, evening program, or if you prefer not to register online, visit the Registration section. You are encouraged to attend Parent Orientation on the same day as your student if you are able. If you are unable to, you can attend a weekday program on any other day and we also offer a Saturday, June 22 Parent Program.
You can register now, click here.
- Only credit cards can be used for online registration, not debit cards.
- Internet Explorer is NOT compatible with our registration system, please use another browser.
Benefits of Parent Orientation
Because this time can be both exciting and challenging for the entire family, we offer a corresponding one-day program designed to complement your student's orientation experience. Parent Orientation will provide parents and guardians with valuable information that will help you support your student's transition into the University of Minnesota. Research shows that when family members understand the college experience and resources available on campus to their students and themselves, students are more successful.
Benefits of attending Parent Orientation:
- Hear from your student’s college of enrollment about the academic expectations and the resources available to support his/her needs.
- Address timely and relevant questions and concerns
- Talk one-on-one with a One Stop counselor about financial aid, tuition, and billing
- Understanding where your student will be spending time
- Send an important message to your student that you’re supportive in his/her education and want to be involved